|LD Forum is a bi-monthly newsletter published for the membership of the Council for Learning Disabilities. The newsletter is available online as an Acrobat PDF file. If you do not have the Acrobat Reader program on your computer, it can be downloaded at this Website. For further questions, please contact us at email@example.com.
Click here to Download Author Guidelines
Click here to Download LD Forum, December 2017
Click here for Archived Issues of LD Forum
CLD is seeking applications for the position of editor of LD Forum, its official newsletter.
The role of the editor involves preparing in a timely manner the newsletter content, which should:
- inform the membership about business of the international organization and state chapters,and
- offer brief articles related to the LD field. Applicants must be a member of CLD and maintain membership during the term as editor.
- Commit to finish the 3-year appointment that officially began July 1, 2018
- Annually prepare 5 issues of LD Forum (February, April, June, August, and December)
- Assist with recruiting and selecting an Assistant Editor and serve as a mentor for that person
- Based on previous schedules for disseminating CLD business, confer with the CLD Executive Committee and the CLD committee chairs regarding possible content
- Coordinate the Review Board, arrange for the peer review of articles submitted for consideration, and work with potential authors through the revision process
- Plan, assemble, and edit information to be included in each issue
- Send each issue to the Hammill Institute on Disabilities for typesetting on a preset schedule
- Participate on the Communications Committee and as a non-voting member of the Board of Trustees, providing status reports as requested
- Contribute to the mission of CLD by contributing to continuous improvement of LD Forum to meet the needs of our membership
Interested parties should submit a letter of interest that includes your qualifications for the position, a description of your plan for LD Forum, and a brief vita to: Kathleen Pfannenstiel, Communications Chair at firstname.lastname@example.org by January 5, 2018.