October 14 & 15, 2021, in Las Vegas, NV
Join us in fun, sun-sational Las Vegas! We are looking forward to getting back to our in-person conference next October to connect with all our members and associates. The conference will be held at Bally’s Las Vegas, at 3645 Las Vegas Blvd S.
43RD INTERNATIONAL CONFERENCE CORE
The Council for Learning Disabilities’ (CLD) 43rd International Conference on Learning Disabilities will focus on the education of persons with learning disabilities (LD) from birth through adulthood. We encourage proposals that:
- address the construct of LD (including assessment for eligibility and classification)
- present primary research on LD (including intervention and assessment practices)
- describe secondary research on LD (including literature reviews and meta-analyses)
- translate research into evidence-based instructional strategies;
- critically examine the education of students with LD from diverse cultural and linguistic backgrounds
- pertain to policy at the local, state, and federal levels;
- address topics relevant to higher education (including teacher preparation, mentorship of pre-tenured faculty and graduate students, and research methodology)
- explore positive behavior supports for people with LD
Here is our Conference at a Glance to help with planning.
Our 2021 J. Lee Wiederholt Distinguished Lecturer is
Dr. Diane Pedrotty Bryant
Dr. Bryant is a professor at the University of Texas at Austin and holds the Mollie Villeret Davis Professorship in Learning Disabilities. She is also the Project Director for the Mathematics and Science Institute for Students with Special Needs in the Meadows Center for Preventing Educational Risk. Dr. Bryant is Editor-in-Chief of the Learning Disability Quarterly, has published numerous articles and is the co-author of many textbooks and educational tests. She is a Past President of the Council for Learning Disabilities.
EVENT Registration is now OPEN! Click on the link below to register for the conference. Reminder – lower rates are available for our members, so activate or renew your membership before you register!
HOTEL Registration: Our reservation block at Bally’s Las Vegas is open! We encourage you to reserve your room as soon as possible. Single or Double rates are $119 plus a $35/room/night resort fee (which covers internet plus amenities). The cut-off date for our room block is September 22, 2021. Follow the link below for reservations:
If you would rather call the hotel directly, please mention that you are with CLD to obtain our rates. The number is 1-800-358-8777.
Sponsorships – If you are interested in sponsoring our event or our annual awards, please contact Randa Keeley at firstname.lastname@example.org or download our form:
*COVID-19 PLANNING: Due to the current pandemic situation, the 43rd annual CLD conference may have to be moved to a virtual format, similar to the 42nd annual conference. We do not anticipate this happening, but registrations would be refunded in this instance.
COVID-19 Disclaimer: Please read the attached statement from the Council for Learning Disabilities regarding conference attendance, safety measures, and recommendations: